Thursday, August 19, 2021

The Spoiled Dog

WARNING: This blog contains my thoughts and opinions, nothing more. It is a blog that I decided to write because writing about my experiences sounded like fun, and it is good to write. :) I do not claim to be an expert or to have everything exactly correct. These are just my experiences and what I think, as I said. On that note, my grammar won't always be perfect either. Have fun reading! 


A crazy couple of years, am I right? Well, I added to some of the crazy even more so by deciding to live for a while in a camper with my husband and our dog. Okay, maybe it's not that crazy, but the rent prices in CA are, and that's why we thought RVing would be a better option. And you know what? I've really been enjoying it.

Let's start from the beginning. I'm Cherry.  


"Wow! Is that your real name?" said all of the people I meet when I introduce myself as such. 


No. It's a nickname. Anywho, my husband is in the military, and we found out it was time to pack up and move. Well, this year has been especially hard for doing that with the lack of workers (mover shortage) and housing prices/shortages. However, we still always intended to just find an apartment or stay on base, but then we got to thinking about the drive from the far East to the far West. I mean, that's a long drive, especially with a Husky. 


Now, the dog is who we should thank for camping to be more fiscally responsible. We all know how the train of thought can get complicated. That is especially true for me. 


Train of Thought:  

"Choo! Choo! All aboard!"


We have a dog. Is the lodge dog-friendly? No. Okay, we need to find somewhere else to stay that's Husky friendly, close to the base, safe, and affordable. Many hours of searching with hardly any options because property owners don't like dogs - more specifically, Huskies for some reason. What is up with that? They aren't aggressive! I mean, yeah, I know there are other factors, but still. 


Okay, some good options, but hubby says to find something cheaper if I can…@(#($+&+#!!! Not many options. So, hubby says to stop looking at places for now. Okay 😢. 


Instead! Let's focus on how to get to the next location. We have to drive both vehicles if we want to keep them. Yes, we wanted to keep them. And, we still have a dog that is my baby. Let's look for pet-friendly hotels! 


Wow, if you haven't looked, there aren't many options. I mean, you have some 2-star hotels that got bad ratings due to not being sanitary or 4-star hotels that charge 50+ a night for a dog. I don't know how you'd feel about those options, but we weren't ecstatic. 


So, let's cut back some costs with camping along the way! It seemed like an amazing and fun idea. However, the more we thought about it, the more we realized it was not. Think about it, a Husky without A/C camping in mostly deserts during the summer. We realized it would be evil of us and chose to think of something else.


In passing, my husband said, "What about getting a camper? It would make the drive easier for Artemis [our dog - she's named after the goddess of the hunt], and we could stay in it temporarily." However, he said this with amusement in his voice, so I didn't take him seriously.


For the next few nights, he began watching many camper videos. I didn't notice that was what he was watching at first until one night when I watched a little with him. Then, he asked if I wanted to seriously look at campers. So, I did 😁. All thanks to Artemis being our spoiled baby and our desire to be financially responsible. Gooooo us!!! I wish I had a pom-pom emoji, haha. 


*\(..)/* <-my pom-pom attempt


*End train of thought* 


So, yah. Now we're in a camper, and I plan to tell you all about it. Until the next glamp post, it's quiet hours.  😶


1 comment:

It's Been Awhile

  WARNING:  This blog contains my thoughts and opinions, nothing more. It is a blog that I decided to write because writing about my experie...