WARNING: This blog contains my thoughts and opinions, nothing more. It is a blog that I decided to write because writing about my experiences sounded like fun, and it is good to write. :) I do not claim to be an expert or to have everything exactly correct. These are just my experiences and what I think, as I said. On that note, my grammar won't always be perfect either. Have fun reading!
“Excuse me, but you were being too loud during quiet hours and so I’m going to have to ask you to read quietly,” said the teacher, maybe? If you read loudly, I hope you include differing voices and put on a show! I wonder what you think I sound like? Hmmmmm.
Anyways, I told you that I’d get into how much my husband and I didn’t argue when we were deciding what goes in the camper, what goes in the storage unit, what gets donated, and what gets thrown away. I hope you know I am being sarcastic. Arguments definitely ensued. I mean, we don’t have a large storage unit, nor do we have a large camper. Things had to go. My husband was convinced that those things were my things…(emoji). Honestly, we both did pretty well and the arguments were never that bad. I would say they were more passionate disagreements with backing evidence.
Originally, I had already been narrowing down the things I owned because we didn’t have enough room for it all in our condo either. Then, we thought we were going to be staying in a hotel room for a while, so I got rid of even more things. My husband got rid of 1 bag to my 10. I felt like I was doing a good job, but he’d always say I still had too many clothes or shoes or piles of old packets from each year of teaching that I continuously think I am going to use again, but most the time never do. So, needless to say, with our 1:10 ratio, I was getting upset.
When we got the 22.5 foot camper, we both knew that we had to figure out more so of what stays and what goes. In the beginning, we planned to keep the TV along with others things and have them shipped to our new location once we figured out where to live. Well, why have a TV sit in storage for however many years gathering dust and moisture? That didn’t make sense, and it was too big to fit in our camper. Basically, it was the TV or the dog, and the dog won.
No worries! The dog was always coming. I’m a good dog mom!
So, the TV became part of the sell pile. Many other things that neither of us planned to get rid of ended up being part of that pile. We’d both look at something and be like, “Why don’t you sell it?” He was much better at letting go than I.
Finding things to relocate was much easier in the beginning than it was as time progressed. It’s when you filled up storage and the camper, but there are still things left that you want is when it gets tricky. Let me just say, the storage unit was already full of junk that I would’ve gotten rid of if I had more time to go through it all and reorganize, but I did not. So, we had to choose between things we still had out. I say we, but my husband got to keep nearly everything he wanted. Mainly because there wasn’t a lot, but they were all BIG items!!! I mean, a longboard, a surfboard, a kiteboard, a grill, and a large rolling tool chest took up lots of room in there already! Not that I didn’t want those items, but they are his, not mine. This means, I had less room for my stuff.
As it got closer to our move date and we were out of room, I began regoing through things to decide what I really wanted and needed. At this point, my husband claimed to have nothing left to go through or toss. Well, I pulled out all of the things he hadn’t gone through, and he soon realized there was a bit. On top of that, he wanted to add more to the camper. After he told me many times that I had too many things and needed to get rid of more, he soon realized the same was for him. Aha! Justice!
We eventually got everything narrowed down and in, but it wasn’t without me having some crying or silent and angry moments. I mean, 1:10 people, and yet he had the audacity to say I need to get rid of more and didn’t even say how well I was doing on how much I did narrow down. It was never enough. I let him know that he needed to also let me know how well I’ve done in getting rid of what I had instead of just telling me that it wasn’t enough all of the time because I already moved into his place and had to get rid of so many of my things in doing so. Yes, I went back to the beginning of our relationship to remind him of how much I have done. Apparently, we women are good at bringing up the past to make points and stings. Well, this wasn’t to sting, but it was to make a point.
My hubby is a great hubby, though. He apologized and acknowledged my hard work. Then, he was smart and didn’t say anything more that day about me needing to find more things to lose.
Phew! That was quite a lot about nothing. Don’t worry, it’ll get more interesting. I’ll talk about the pros and cons of the camper, our travels, and etc. as this blog continues.
Until the next glamp post, it’s quiet hours. 🤫

No comments:
Post a Comment