WARNING: This blog contains my thoughts and opinions, nothing more. It is a blog that I decided to write because writing about my experiences sounded like fun, and it is good to write. :) I do not claim to be an expert or to have everything exactly correct. These are just my experiences and what I think, as I said. On that note, my grammar won't always be perfect either. Have fun reading!
Welcome back to my blog. So, when I ended my post yesterday, you may have been wondering, “What does she mean quiet hours? I’m a grown adult. I can make all the noise I want until the cops tell me to quiet down.” Well, if you want to stay at a campground, there are rules which include following the quiet hours. Campgrounds vary on their quiet hours, so you better pay attention. Also, having courtesy is nice because these RV spots aren’t exactly that far from each other. You don’t want to end up being “those neighbors,” am I right?
Don’t I just seem like a pro acting all knowledgeable about this glamping stuff? Oh, did you think I was? Yes! The ruse has worked!
I am by no means a pro. I am learning. I just started looking into this stuff in June of this year! If you’re hoping for some fantastic high-knowledge pointers on the best brands and instructions on everything to do as if I were the Camp Host of all glamping, this blog isn’t really going to help you. However, if you’re looking for some entertainment with things I find out about glamping along the way, well, this is perfect!
I do want to give you a little 411 on the camp host thing as I did on the quiet hours because I did find out some awesome information. So, quickly, a camp host lives on the grounds and works 15-30 hours a week (this varies on the campground). They are in charge of showing people around, keeping the peace, and usually, keep things clean (like the bathroom). That’s all I really know because I have never done it. What is cool, though, and why I really want to do it, is that they LIVE on the grounds for free and for however long and only work 15-30 hours a week!
Did you say free? Yes. Yes, I did. At least, many places offer this - not every place. How great is that, though? It covers the stay and electricity without a constant move-out date.
If you didn’t know, many RV parks have a limit as to how long you can stay with them. You might only be able to stay 14 days, or you might be able to stay for 6 months (they vary). Then, you have to leave for however long before you can come back. There are some parks that actually allow you to live there however long, but they are few. As the person in my relationship who does not drive the tow vehicle and has never towed anything in their life, moving becomes very complicated since my husband can be deployed whenever for however long. This is why I would like to be a camp host and why I think they are so cool! Plus, I just love being sociable and helping others, and I don’t mind cleaning.
Wow, this post feels ultra educational. I guess the teacher in me is still making it out in this blog, haha.
Okay, so back to it. We decided to look at campers in person officially. We took that next step. First, we were thinking of buying used because we could save money. Well, after viewing some, we decided that a used camper might not be what we want...plus, there is this whole thing where many RV parks will not allow you to stay there if your trailer is over 10 years old. Crazy, right? It’s true. So, we decided on new and went to our local RV store. Sometimes you gotta spend more, in the beginning, to save more in the long run. We did the math before jumping in; no worries.
Man, we looked at quite a few amazing campers, but many were for fun because we weren’t ready to tow anything over 25 feet as newbies! No way! Plus, the hubby always reminds me that the truck is only a 1500. Apparently, that’s not big enough to pull something large, but the truck sure looks big! I just went with what he said, though. He is definitely more knowledgeable on all that.
Well, a camper under 25ft definitely narrowed the search. We had a choice of like 5, but we knew the one we wanted almost immediately. It was so aesthetically beautiful and had a layout that I really liked, and the husband liked the bathroom! Win! So, we thought about it for a day and decided to get it. Honestly, it’s a good camper, but we probably should have done some more homework because there are things that drive me crazy and do not make any sense, but mostly, it is perfect for right now.
Our camper is a 2021 Mallard (TM) that’s 22.5 feet long. Perfect for a couple, but it can be rough with the dog and our somewhat materialistic tendencies. We’ll get into how the narrowing down of everything we own went and the beautiful time it was….hahahaha....
Until the next glamp post, it’s quiet hours. 🤫

No comments:
Post a Comment