Thursday, August 26, 2021

Let the Awesomeness Slide-Out <--haha

WARNING: This blog contains my thoughts and opinions, nothing more. It is a blog that I decided to write because writing about my experiences sounded like fun, and it is good to write. :) I do not claim to be an expert or to have everything exactly correct. These are just my experiences and what I think, as I said. On that note, my grammar won't always be perfect either. Have fun reading! 



Hey again! So, yah. In the last post, you saw a picture of what the inside of the camper looked like at one of our first stops from FL to CA. If you've used an RV with a slide-out before, you definitely understand the reason it was as messy and piled as it was. If you haven't had a camper with a slide-out, then I'll tell you why it looked that way. 

So, slide-outs are a beautiful thing. They give you so much more space inside of your camper...like tons! That's how it feels anyway. The issue is that the space doesn't stay there when you need to move the camper. It would be pretty dangerous to drive down the road with a slide-out...out. I mean, if you were going to attempt it, you'll probably need a wide load sign and one of those lead vehicles to warn people. Also, I don't know if you'll be well balanced...so yah. Anywho, before you move, you must slide the slide-out back in. There goes that "extra" space. This is why everything was crammed on the one side in the photo and why the couch, as well as the bed, were piled.

Did you drive with your dog in the camper?!!! No. She rode in the truck...and no not the back back of the truck! Remember, this pup is spoiled. She rode in the back seat, but not on the seat. Oh no. She rode in her bed in the back seat. She was plenty comfy. And man, her bed is huge. 

Anyways, even though the slide-out can't stay out...I still love it. You just want to pack with the slide-out completely in so you don't overestimate the room you have. Oh, and you know how I said we had to keep dwindling down our stuff. That really hasn't stopped. I mean, when organizing the camper, you find things that work, don't work, and things you want to help make it work better. You also just end up getting new things you want. So, we add and subtract...math! Though, we really add more...which is a problem. Get it? Hahaha...okay.

Guess where our stuff goes when we run out of room in the camper? We start keeping things in our vehicles. Though, when we started the trip, we already had quite a bit of vehicle-designated items, but now we have more! Yay! 🥳

Seriously, I wish we would've/can get rid of more because the less we have, the easier it would be. However, I don't want to give up anything else. He doesn't want to either...we're still a little too materialistic. We both have a suitcase of clothes we couldn't fit in the camper in each of our vehicles. 

Time for a con: our camper does not have a legit closet, and I didn't realize how much I'd want one. Most campers (like ours) come with a shirt closet. And guess what, that's all that actually fits! Jackets are too big unless you're cool with only having like two items in your closet. Dresses are too long and some shirts are too long. Anything too long bunches up at the bottom of the closet. What also doesn't make sense is how deep the closet is, but you can't get to anything in the back because your shirts are in the way! I did stuff my games in the back, but only because we don't really play them. My husband isn't as into board and card games as I am. We haven't even taken them out once.

Back to it, so yah, the closets are tiny and thin. If you look back at that photo, they are the little cabinets on each side of the bed. If the closet just went all of the way down instead of having all that bedside space, then it would be a bit better because I could hang my dresses. Also, my husband cannot fit his uniforms in there...so that's awful. But goodness, isn't the design pretty? I love it - pro. 

So, next time, I'll give you some more pros and cons probably as well as some ways I tried to organize that do and do not work 😅. 

Until the next glamp post, it's quiet hours. 🤫

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been Awhile

  WARNING:  This blog contains my thoughts and opinions, nothing more. It is a blog that I decided to write because writing about my experie...