Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Playing Tetris (TM)

WARNING: This blog contains my thoughts and opinions, nothing more. It is a blog that I decided to write because writing about my experiences sounded like fun, and it is good to write. :) I do not claim to be an expert or to have everything exactly correct. These are just my experiences and what I think, as I said. On that note, my grammar won't always be perfect either. Have fun reading! 

 

Goodness, we moved again yesterday. After being stationary for a month, we were not as good at the pack-up and move thing. It took us a bit longer, and we were somewhat sloppy. However, we got here safe and sound. I do really love this campground too. It’s pretty, and there is plenty to do while the husband is off at work and I’m biding my time until my next work session. I only work part-time, and the hours can be scattered. 

Anywho, back to how I organized. I’ll tell you about where we stopped and my thoughts on the campgrounds later in the blog. So, I did go on Pinterest (TM) to find some organizing ideas, and I also used Google (TM) to find different suggestions on how to organize a camper. I will say they had some great suggestions, but my husband and I decided not to mount anything to the walls. He nor I want to put holes in anything since we are already planning our next camper. 

“What?! I thought you just got this camper!” We did. However, when we start having children, this 22.5-foot camper will not be enough. There is no room for a child and all of us. Some of you are probably like, “What if you didn’t have the dog?” Well, getting rid of the pup is never going to happen - she is my first baby. Plus, that still wouldn’t work...now, if I got rid of the husband...lol JK! 🤣 I would never! Plus, who will help kill the spiders when I am too freaked out, and who will help with the packing and moving of the camper? A baby can’t do that! Goodness. And, yes, I also love him too much. So, everyone stays, which means a new camper will be necessary. 

I did think it was funny when the hubby was like, “We can keep this camper while the kid is still young.” I’m like, “And, where do you suggest we put a crib? In the middle of the living room? We’d have to climb on the couch to get around. Plus, when we cook, the baby might get splashed with grease. Outside? Yeah, because I’m sure it’s a good idea to leave the baby outside all day.” Everyone else said, “You can get a bassinet!” Let me clarify, I do not have an issue with a bassinet. I just want a crib as well that turns into a bed for when the kid gets older...okay. I may sound a little snooty, but that’s what I want. 

Back on track. Many of the ideas for organizing on Pinterest (TM) and Google (TM) involved mounting. So, I only found a few things I could really incorporate. I bought those tension rods because they showed people using them to separate their pots and pans for better organizing. Well, I kinda used it like them, but honestly, they got in the way more than anything because of the way our camper is. My husband would get frustrated and always knock it down. I got tired of putting it back up. Then, I thought I could use it to keep the cups from falling off the racks I bought. However, it would fall down or get in the way as well. Needless to say, I bought one pack of tension rods, and currently, I am not using any of them. So, I cannot recommend them, but then again, you may have better luck. Instead, I’m just careful with my cups (all nonbreakable anyways), and I use the pot protector things and just stack up the pots in the cabinet. 

Some other organizing things I bought are the racks that you can get at Walmart (TM). I do recommend these. I got a set of three, and I am using all three. One goes in the bathroom linen closet. I have the towel on top of it and the wash rags/kitchen rags below it. One is in the cabinet above the sink. The bowls go on top of it, my plates go under it, and my cups fit beside it. The other is in the cabinet under the sink. I put some cleaning tools and extra cookware under it while sitting a small, plastic, three-drawer container from my classroom on top of it. I also love the plastic because I put more small kitchen stuff in there, and I have one plastic in the linen closet in the bathroom, too, that I put small extra bathroom stuff in. All of these are very useful. Not only did I get the set of three, but I also bought a set of two that I use as well. And, guess what, I got a pull-drawer, double tier spice rack as well. Again, a great purchase because I can easily pull the drawers toward me and reach the spices I put in the back. I do suggest getting the gripping drawer liner stuff and using it in all your cabinets and drawers because I feel it helps stop things from sliding around. I even set it on top of the racks too! 

Anywho, those are just a couple of things I got that helped me organize my camper, but I will tell you more! No worries.       

Until the next glamp post! It’s quiet hours.  🤫


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's Been Awhile

  WARNING:  This blog contains my thoughts and opinions, nothing more. It is a blog that I decided to write because writing about my experie...